Posts Tagged hair
Last season was all about straight strands and loose, barely-there waves. This spring bigger is better. From the spring runways of Chloe, Versace, and Anna Sui, big curls and mega volume were bouncing to and fro. It’s easy to create this look at home with the right products and tools, no matter what texture you hair.
1. Use a nickel size amount of Oribe’s Creme for Style and finger through damp locks from mid-lengths to ends. Spray Oribe’s Maximista at the root for killer height.
2. Round brush hair pulling away from the head and in a forward motion. This creates maximum volume.
3. Then, using large heated rollers, roll one inch sections until entire head is done. Let cool completely.
4. Next, unwrap each sections and gently brush out. Mason Pearson brushes are amazing for this.
5. To finish the look, wrap pieces around a large barrel curling iron and hold for 10 sec.
6. Tousle hair with fingers and spray Oribe’s Dry texture spray at the root. Finish with a setting hairspray such as Oribe’s Superfine Spray for hold and flexibility.
Let loose this spring by rocking loose waves and big blowouts. It’s all about looking like you’re not trying too hard.
Big Blowouts and “Louche” Waves are going to be big for spring. Louche is a French term for “undone”. The wave is exactly what it sounds like, a wave, not as structured as a curl. Big and more natural looking is also an important aspect of these 2 trends. To achieve this look, start with this:
1. On damp hair apply a baseball size amount of a mousse (Kerastase Mousse Substantive) to roots making sure to distribute evenly throughout the head.
2. Blow dry hair with round brush focusing on the roots to create lift and solid volume.
3. Once hair is dry, spray a thickening lotion (Kerastase Lotion Densitive GL- this is a great choice because it is a volumizer with no alcohol which makes it not drying) mid-shafts to ends only.
4. Rough blow dry the hair with just the blow dryer and fingers. This is to create dense textue while keeping the root volume intact.
5. Once product is set in the hair, rework and style as you like for your BIG BLOWOUT!
6. If you are going on to create a Louche Wave, curl hair in 5 sections, starting at your crown as section #1. Section #2 and #3 are on the sides of the crown and Sections #4 & #5 are your front sections on each side of your face.
7. Take medium sections and curl starting at midshaft, down and away from your face, leaving the ends out of the iron. To create the “Louche” or “undone/loose” wave, you can also mix in curling sections up (instead of down) to really give it a natural feel.
8. A tip for your front pieces: To get that piece on each side to accentuate your cheek bones, curl piece up and away from face with iron starting just above cheek bone, again leaving ends out.
Stylists at Bobby Cooper Salon host “Style Parties” throughout the year to provide an evening where friends can get together and learn about the latest hair trends and styling tips from the pros. Style Parties can consist of a few girlfriends or can be as large as an organization. While “Women For Riley” collected bling accessories and cash donations for the upcoming annual Riley Prom, they decided it would be a fun outing to attend a Bobby Cooper Salon Style Party. Sipping wine and munching on h’orderves, “Women For Riley” split up into small groups where they can get individual attention from our stylists on the newest 2012 hair trends. They learned a new way to create amazing waves, how to put on clip-in hair extensions, how to create a big blowout, and lots more. Thirty percent of all products purchase that evening went to their organization. If you are interested in hosting a style party for you and your closest friends or an organization you work with, call the salon for availability.
While working as a makeup artist in Hollywood in the late 60’s, Mr. Shu Uemura discovered the extraordinary power of oils for makeup removal. He created the legendary cleansing oil to gently remove impurities and stubborn traces of makeup while protecting the skin’s delicate moisture balance. Today, Shu Uemura are of hair reinvents the cleansing oil for hair beauty.
This delicate formula transforms quickly into a rich thick foam that effectively draws out the impurities and build-up on the scalp, without stripping the natural oils. Each and every fiber is restored to its naturally radiant, soft, fresh and balanced state-volumized and moisturized.
Although ideal for all hair types on both men and women, this shampoo is perfect for flat, oily, and fine hair. Paraben free and silicone free.
Introducing Kerastase’s new in-salon treatments Fusio-Dose: The first made-to-measure blend of highly concentrated active ingredients fused by the hair stylist for profound hair transformation. After an in-depth consultation with your stylist he or she will mix and match a Concentre with up to two Boosters to address your multiple hair needs all in one salon treatment.
Concentre Pixelist-Color protection for color-treated hair
Concentre Oleo-Fusion-Nourishment for dry hair
Concentre Vita-Ciment-Reinforcement for damaged hair
Concentre Sustantif-Densification for fine hair
Booster Polyphenols-Protects with anti-oxidants and UV filter
Booster Ionium-Smoothes and adds shine
Booster Ceramide-Strengths and reinforces
Booster Omega-Replenishes and protects
Lauren Conrad is causing a frenzy over her recently tie-dyed tips. Known for her ever popular ombre locks, Lauren decided to put a spin on them by dying the tips of her hair blue and pink (shown above). According to Fashionista.com, Lauren’s tips are expected to be a huge trend. It’s a great transition from the feather trend we’ve been seeing all summer. Because bleaching and coloring with these bright colors (especially when going back to your original color eventually) can be damaging, Bobby Cooper Salon now offers custom clip-in pieces you can wear when you’re feeling spunky and take out when you’re at work. Check us out on Facebook for up and coming pics of available options!
Bobby Cooper Salon custom tie-dye tip clip-ins.
Call us to place your order 317-251-5000