Posts Tagged bobby cooper salon
Let loose this spring by rocking loose waves and big blowouts. It’s all about looking like you’re not trying too hard.
Big Blowouts and “Louche” Waves are going to be big for spring. Louche is a French term for “undone”. The wave is exactly what it sounds like, a wave, not as structured as a curl. Big and more natural looking is also an important aspect of these 2 trends. To achieve this look, start with this:
1. On damp hair apply a baseball size amount of a mousse (Kerastase Mousse Substantive) to roots making sure to distribute evenly throughout the head.
2. Blow dry hair with round brush focusing on the roots to create lift and solid volume.
3. Once hair is dry, spray a thickening lotion (Kerastase Lotion Densitive GL- this is a great choice because it is a volumizer with no alcohol which makes it not drying) mid-shafts to ends only.
4. Rough blow dry the hair with just the blow dryer and fingers. This is to create dense textue while keeping the root volume intact.
5. Once product is set in the hair, rework and style as you like for your BIG BLOWOUT!
6. If you are going on to create a Louche Wave, curl hair in 5 sections, starting at your crown as section #1. Section #2 and #3 are on the sides of the crown and Sections #4 & #5 are your front sections on each side of your face.
7. Take medium sections and curl starting at midshaft, down and away from your face, leaving the ends out of the iron. To create the “Louche” or “undone/loose” wave, you can also mix in curling sections up (instead of down) to really give it a natural feel.
8. A tip for your front pieces: To get that piece on each side to accentuate your cheek bones, curl piece up and away from face with iron starting just above cheek bone, again leaving ends out.
Stylists at Bobby Cooper Salon host “Style Parties” throughout the year to provide an evening where friends can get together and learn about the latest hair trends and styling tips from the pros. Style Parties can consist of a few girlfriends or can be as large as an organization. While “Women For Riley” collected bling accessories and cash donations for the upcoming annual Riley Prom, they decided it would be a fun outing to attend a Bobby Cooper Salon Style Party. Sipping wine and munching on h’orderves, “Women For Riley” split up into small groups where they can get individual attention from our stylists on the newest 2012 hair trends. They learned a new way to create amazing waves, how to put on clip-in hair extensions, how to create a big blowout, and lots more. Thirty percent of all products purchase that evening went to their organization. If you are interested in hosting a style party for you and your closest friends or an organization you work with, call the salon for availability.
On Sunday March 6, stylists from BCS gathered at the salon for a photo shoot. The inspiration? What each of them believe is beautiful. They prepared for weeks, collecting photos, art, or anything that spoke to their creative spirit. Then each stylist chose a model to help interpret their vision. With the help of our friends, Gina Howald (Imagination), Natalie Best (N. Rue), T’ai Rising-Moore (Awkward Beauty) Kim Osborne Conolly (Beautys and Beasts), and Hether Miles (Hether Miles Photography) a true and beautiful creation came to life. It was an extraordinary day and we want to share a piece of that with our clients and our fans. Turn up the volume on your speakers and click on the picture below for an exclusive behind-the-scenes look!
CLICK TO VIEW!
If you follow us on Facebook then you know about our February Magazine Contest. If not, here’s the scoop. All you have to do is visit the InStyle Facebook Fan Page and click on the tab that says ‘Salon Deals’ then tell them why we are the best salon in Indianapolis! It’s that easy. Here’s the link to make it even easier. One lucky fan will win FREE shampoo and conditioner of their choice, Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray, and a FREE in-salon treatment!
Each entry will be assigned a number. If the True Random Number Generator chooses your number, you’ve won!
1. Maggie K.
2. Leslie S.
3. Jennifer M.
4. Ginger Lee W.
5. Keica M.
6. Allison B.
7. Sarah B.
8. Crista C.
9. Shane H.
10. Lisa S.
11. Julie H.
12. Linda C.
13. Staci W.
14. Janet M.
15. Anne W.
16. Amanda M.
17. Heather C.