Archive for category hair
Last season was all about straight strands and loose, barely-there waves. This spring bigger is better. From the spring runways of Chloe, Versace, and Anna Sui, big curls and mega volume were bouncing to and fro. It’s easy to create this look at home with the right products and tools, no matter what texture you hair.
1. Use a nickel size amount of Oribe’s Creme for Style and finger through damp locks from mid-lengths to ends. Spray Oribe’s Maximista at the root for killer height.
2. Round brush hair pulling away from the head and in a forward motion. This creates maximum volume.
3. Then, using large heated rollers, roll one inch sections until entire head is done. Let cool completely.
4. Next, unwrap each sections and gently brush out. Mason Pearson brushes are amazing for this.
5. To finish the look, wrap pieces around a large barrel curling iron and hold for 10 sec.
6. Tousle hair with fingers and spray Oribe’s Dry texture spray at the root. Finish with a setting hairspray such as Oribe’s Superfine Spray for hold and flexibility.
Let loose this spring by rocking loose waves and big blowouts. It’s all about looking like you’re not trying too hard.
Big Blowouts and “Louche” Waves are going to be big for spring. Louche is a French term for “undone”. The wave is exactly what it sounds like, a wave, not as structured as a curl. Big and more natural looking is also an important aspect of these 2 trends. To achieve this look, start with this:
1. On damp hair apply a baseball size amount of a mousse (Kerastase Mousse Substantive) to roots making sure to distribute evenly throughout the head.
2. Blow dry hair with round brush focusing on the roots to create lift and solid volume.
3. Once hair is dry, spray a thickening lotion (Kerastase Lotion Densitive GL- this is a great choice because it is a volumizer with no alcohol which makes it not drying) mid-shafts to ends only.
4. Rough blow dry the hair with just the blow dryer and fingers. This is to create dense textue while keeping the root volume intact.
5. Once product is set in the hair, rework and style as you like for your BIG BLOWOUT!
6. If you are going on to create a Louche Wave, curl hair in 5 sections, starting at your crown as section #1. Section #2 and #3 are on the sides of the crown and Sections #4 & #5 are your front sections on each side of your face.
7. Take medium sections and curl starting at midshaft, down and away from your face, leaving the ends out of the iron. To create the “Louche” or “undone/loose” wave, you can also mix in curling sections up (instead of down) to really give it a natural feel.
8. A tip for your front pieces: To get that piece on each side to accentuate your cheek bones, curl piece up and away from face with iron starting just above cheek bone, again leaving ends out.
Introducing Kerastase’s new in-salon treatments Fusio-Dose: The first made-to-measure blend of highly concentrated active ingredients fused by the hair stylist for profound hair transformation. After an in-depth consultation with your stylist he or she will mix and match a Concentre with up to two Boosters to address your multiple hair needs all in one salon treatment.
Concentre Pixelist-Color protection for color-treated hair
Concentre Oleo-Fusion-Nourishment for dry hair
Concentre Vita-Ciment-Reinforcement for damaged hair
Concentre Sustantif-Densification for fine hair
Booster Polyphenols-Protects with anti-oxidants and UV filter
Booster Ionium-Smoothes and adds shine
Booster Ceramide-Strengths and reinforces
Booster Omega-Replenishes and protects
The latest solution for brittle, very damaged hair. Fibre Architecte reverses hair erosion by 2 levels in 2 weeks. For the first time, La Recherche Avancee L’Oreal combines three powerful ingredients to create Complexe Ciment-Cylane, the ultimate in fiber reconstructing technology. Kerastase exclusively offers at-home products the feature ingredients that were previously only available in salon treatments.
The Result: Hair Erosion is Reversed
HAIR FIBER IS RECONSTRUCTED BOTH INSIDE AND OUT. HAIR RECOVERS ITS STRENGTH AND SHINE, AND BECOMES EASY TO STYLE.
Pastel streaked hair has been popping out everywhere. Buyer for Opening Ceremony, Kate Foley is trending a baby pink while Mary-Kate has opted for a mix of light blue and pink. What do you think of this trend?
Step 1: Curl Hair
Curl your hair using a medium barrel curling iron (1″-1 1/4″ works best). Flip hair upside down and spray with Oribe’s Dry Texture Spray.
Step 2: Tease
Tease hair at the crown and at the name of the neck
Step 3: Gather ends, pin at nape of neck, spray.
Gather all of the hair and slightly twist. Tuck hair into the teased area at the nape of the neck and pin where needed to hold hair up. Let pieces fall loosely and curl if necessary. Spray with Oribe’s Superfine Strong Hairspray for extra hold.