This user hasn't shared any biographical information
Last season was all about straight strands and loose, barely-there waves. This spring bigger is better. From the spring runways of Chloe, Versace, and Anna Sui, big curls and mega volume were bouncing to and fro. It’s easy to create this look at home with the right products and tools, no matter what texture you hair.
1. Use a nickel size amount of Oribe’s Creme for Style and finger through damp locks from mid-lengths to ends. Spray Oribe’s Maximista at the root for killer height.
2. Round brush hair pulling away from the head and in a forward motion. This creates maximum volume.
3. Then, using large heated rollers, roll one inch sections until entire head is done. Let cool completely.
4. Next, unwrap each sections and gently brush out. Mason Pearson brushes are amazing for this.
5. To finish the look, wrap pieces around a large barrel curling iron and hold for 10 sec.
6. Tousle hair with fingers and spray Oribe’s Dry texture spray at the root. Finish with a setting hairspray such as Oribe’s Superfine Spray for hold and flexibility.
Posted in Uncategorized on February 15, 2012
Kinara Red Carpet Facial Kit
For All Skin Types
The exclusive Red Carpet Facial gained fame at Kinara Skin Care Clinic as the secret weapon of stars requiring immediate, highly-visible results for their highest-visibility events. The Red Carpet Facial Kit was designed to create the same results-driven facial treatment at home and on-demand. The only side effect is loving how you look!
Close-up ready skin in 3 simple steps:
- Peel: Turn over skin cells to reveal refined, brighter and hydrated skin with Lactic and Malic Acids.
- Neutralize: Revitalize dull, tired skin with a deep cleansing effervescent sensation via Argeninge and Sodium Bicarbonate.
- Mask: Hydrate, soote, plump and oxygenate with Lysate extract, Pikea Robusta and Mineral Complex.
All easily applied with a treatment bowl and brush (included).
Exfoliates, hydrates, diminishes appearance of lines and large pores.
Improves skin elasticity and firmness. Ensures radiant and clear skin while improving texture and pore size. Controls breakouts and acne.
Warning: Results can be addictive.
Red Carpet Facial Peel Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Lactic Acid, Glycerin, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Butylene Glycol, Malic Acid, Arginine, Allantoin, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Sorbate.
Red Carpet Neutralizer Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sodium Bicarbonate, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Arginine, Allantoin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.
Red Carpet Mask Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Kaolin, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Alcohol, Squalane, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Polyacrylate 13, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Pikea Robusta Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Zinc Gluconate, Magnesium Aspartate, Copper Gluconate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Behenyl Alcohol, Arachidyl, Glucoside, Polyisobutene, Polysorbate 20, Ceteareth-20, Titanium Dioxide, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance, Blue 1
Let loose this spring by rocking loose waves and big blowouts. It’s all about looking like you’re not trying too hard.
Big Blowouts and “Louche” Waves are going to be big for spring. Louche is a French term for “undone”. The wave is exactly what it sounds like, a wave, not as structured as a curl. Big and more natural looking is also an important aspect of these 2 trends. To achieve this look, start with this:
1. On damp hair apply a baseball size amount of a mousse (Kerastase Mousse Substantive) to roots making sure to distribute evenly throughout the head.
2. Blow dry hair with round brush focusing on the roots to create lift and solid volume.
3. Once hair is dry, spray a thickening lotion (Kerastase Lotion Densitive GL- this is a great choice because it is a volumizer with no alcohol which makes it not drying) mid-shafts to ends only.
4. Rough blow dry the hair with just the blow dryer and fingers. This is to create dense textue while keeping the root volume intact.
5. Once product is set in the hair, rework and style as you like for your BIG BLOWOUT!
6. If you are going on to create a Louche Wave, curl hair in 5 sections, starting at your crown as section #1. Section #2 and #3 are on the sides of the crown and Sections #4 & #5 are your front sections on each side of your face.
7. Take medium sections and curl starting at midshaft, down and away from your face, leaving the ends out of the iron. To create the “Louche” or “undone/loose” wave, you can also mix in curling sections up (instead of down) to really give it a natural feel.
8. A tip for your front pieces: To get that piece on each side to accentuate your cheek bones, curl piece up and away from face with iron starting just above cheek bone, again leaving ends out.
Posted in bobby cooper salon on January 31, 2012
Stylists at Bobby Cooper Salon host “Style Parties” throughout the year to provide an evening where friends can get together and learn about the latest hair trends and styling tips from the pros. Style Parties can consist of a few girlfriends or can be as large as an organization. While “Women For Riley” collected bling accessories and cash donations for the upcoming annual Riley Prom, they decided it would be a fun outing to attend a Bobby Cooper Salon Style Party. Sipping wine and munching on h’orderves, “Women For Riley” split up into small groups where they can get individual attention from our stylists on the newest 2012 hair trends. They learned a new way to create amazing waves, how to put on clip-in hair extensions, how to create a big blowout, and lots more. Thirty percent of all products purchase that evening went to their organization. If you are interested in hosting a style party for you and your closest friends or an organization you work with, call the salon for availability.
Posted in Uncategorized on December 29, 2011
We have an opportunity for you to be a part of our BCS education with one of the nation’s top hair stylist. He’s worked with “many of the industry’s top models, photographers, stylists and make-up artists.” He most recently has worked on the Armani Prive and Georgio Armani fashion shows in Paris and Milan. Bobby Cooper Salon is hosting him for a day of exciting education in… fashion and beauty. Models must be available on January 9, 2012 from 8:45am-3pm and be ok with having their picture taken and possibly used on our website and social media. We will take models on a first come first serve basis. Payment will be a fabulous BCS gift bag. Reserve your chair now! 317-251-5000