Let loose this spring by rocking loose waves and big blowouts. It’s all about looking like you’re not trying too hard.
Big Blowouts and “Louche” Waves are going to be big for spring. Louche is a French term for “undone”. The wave is exactly what it sounds like, a wave, not as structured as a curl. Big and more natural looking is also an important aspect of these 2 trends. To achieve this look, start with this:
1. On damp hair apply a baseball size amount of a mousse (Kerastase Mousse Substantive) to roots making sure to distribute evenly throughout the head.
2. Blow dry hair with round brush focusing on the roots to create lift and solid volume.
3. Once hair is dry, spray a thickening lotion (Kerastase Lotion Densitive GL- this is a great choice because it is a volumizer with no alcohol which makes it not drying) mid-shafts to ends only.
4. Rough blow dry the hair with just the blow dryer and fingers. This is to create dense textue while keeping the root volume intact.
5. Once product is set in the hair, rework and style as you like for your BIG BLOWOUT!
6. If you are going on to create a Louche Wave, curl hair in 5 sections, starting at your crown as section #1. Section #2 and #3 are on the sides of the crown and Sections #4 & #5 are your front sections on each side of your face.
7. Take medium sections and curl starting at midshaft, down and away from your face, leaving the ends out of the iron. To create the “Louche” or “undone/loose” wave, you can also mix in curling sections up (instead of down) to really give it a natural feel.
8. A tip for your front pieces: To get that piece on each side to accentuate your cheek bones, curl piece up and away from face with iron starting just above cheek bone, again leaving ends out.