Archive for December, 2009
Asymmetrical trends were big this year, so why not top the year off with a side bun? This style looks great paired with an asymmetrical top or dress (with the bun being over the bare shoulder). Director Bryan Bisson demonstrates how to get this look at home. Bryan has worked with Bobby for over 5 years and loves doing multidimensional color, long layers, and short sexy haircuts. To book an appointment with Bryan call us at 317-251-5000.
1) Begin with dirty or day old curls. I curled my hair like Kate Hudson’s hair (click here to see how).
2) Tease hair at the crown using a fine tooth comb or teasing pick in the down direction
3) Finger rake the hair back into a side ponytail. Keep it messy and tousled looking and secure with an elastic.
4) Separate pieces and tease each piece, then pin until bun is complete.
New Year’s Eve is almost here and Bobby Cooper Salon wants you to look your best. If you don’t have time to book an appointment, we are willing to share a few secrets of our own to do your hair at home. Check back tomorrow for “Volume” 2 on how to do an updo!
1) Wash and towel dry hair.
2) Apply a heat protector like Kerastase Nectar Thermique mid-shaft through ends and a root booster on roots (Shu’s Fiber Lift) to add volume.
3) Blow dry hair and spray on a curl holder and protector (Shu’s Iron Design).
1) Apply quarter size amount of hair treatment, like ones shown above, to towel dried hair.
2) Comb treatment through strands with a wide toothed plastic comb.
3) Cover with plastic cap and let it sit for 15 minutes. For extra moisture zap with a blow dryer for 5 minutes or so.
To finish, rinse hair and style like usual. You can also sleep in mask overnight for the same effect. This service is available in our salon for an extra charge to any service. Call for more information
1) After washing hair, part the hair on the opposite side you would normally part and blow dry.
2) Spray on Shu Uemura’s Iron Design to hold curl and protect hair from heat.
3) Curl hair down and away from face using a 1.25 inch curling iron.
4) Brush out curls
5) Then, flip hair back to your normal part. Doing this will create the voluminous part shown above.
6) Tease hair at the crown, hairspray hair all over, and smile.